If you want to help out The Roamin’ Jasmine fund our next album, international tour, or just want to give us a tip you can always donate to our Digital Tip Jar right here:
Tips are always much appreciated!!!
Here’s the gigs we’ll be playing during the rest of October including our trip up to the LEAF Festival in Black Mountain, NC and our gig on the way back in Nashville at Sambuca:
•Thursday October 13th 7-10pm @ The Maison Frenchmen
•Sunday October 16th 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
•Saturday and Sunday October 22nd & 23rd @ LEAF Festival, Black Mountain, NC
•Monday October 24th 6:30-10:30pm @ Sambuca Restaurant, Nashville, TN
•Thursday October 27th 7:30-10:30pm @ 3 Muses
•Saturday October 29th 7-9pm @ Fritzel’s European Jazz Club
•Sunday October 30th 7:30-10:30pm @ Bacchanal Wine
See y’all out there!
We are excited to announce that we’ll be playing at the Lake Eden Arts
Festival (LEAF Fest) again this October 21-23rd! We’ll also be playing
again at Sambuca Restaurant in Nashville, TN on our way back to
NOLA on Monday, October 24th.
Here are our local gigs for the rest of September here in New Orleans:
• Sunday September 4th 7:30-10:30pm @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday September 7th 8 – 11 pm @ 21st Amendment Bar
• Saturday September 10th 7 – 9 pm @ Fritzel’s European Jazz Club
• Sunday September 11th 7:30-10:30pm @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday September 14th 8 – 11 pm @ 21st Amendment Bar
• Thursday September 15th 7:30 – 10:30 pm @ Three Muses
• Friday September 16th 4 – 7 pm @ The Maison Frenchmen
• Saturday September 17th 7 – 9 pm @ Fritzel’s European Jazz Club
• Sunday September 18th 7:30-10:30pm @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday September 21st 8 – 11 pm @ 21st Amendment Bar
• Thursday September 22nd 7 – 10 pm @ The Maison Frenchmen
• Saturday September 24th 7 – 9 pm @ Fritzel’s European Jazz Club
• Sunday September 25th 7:30-10:30pm @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday September 28th 8 – 11 pm @ 21st Amendment Bar
Come on out and see us!
Here’s where we’re playing the rest of this month:
• Wednesday August 3rd 8-11 @ 21st Amendment Bar
• Saturday August 6th 4-7 @ The Maison Frenchmen
• Sunday August 7th 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday August 10th 8-11 @ 21st Amendment Bar
• Saturday August 13th 4-7 @ The Maison Frenchmen
• Sunday August 14th 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday August 17th 8-11 @ 21st Amendment Bar
•Saturday August 20th 7-9 @ Fritzel’s European Jazz Pub
• Sunday August 21st 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday August 24th 8-11 @ 21st Amendment Bar
• Thursday August 25th 7-10 @ The Maison Frenchmen
•Saturday August 27th 7-9 @ Fritzel’s European Jazz Pub
• Sunday August 28th 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
• Wednesday August 31st 8-11 @ 21st Amendment Bar
See y’all out there!
Our second UK jaunt was even better than we could have imagined. We had fantastic crowds at all the gigs who were both appreciative listeners and frequently enthusiastic dancers. We sold out of our new album and all but a couple of our first album. We made some great new friends who put us up in their homes, cooked for us and shared many pints. We got to see some stunning countryside as well as some historic castles and churches along the way. Now we can’t wait to go back. You can check out the photo gallery below with some highlights:
New Album: Blues Shuffle Heart
We’ve just finished the recording, mixing and mastering process of our second album, called Blues Shuffle Heart, and 1000 shiny new copies of it should be arriving in a giant box in just a few days. We’re super excited to share this new music with you all! The band put in a lot of hard work in rehearsals and two long days in the studio and it has paid off. The recordings sound fantastic!
The new album will include some staples of our live show including “Delta Bound”, “Gotta Go Get My Baby” and “My Blue Heaven”, plus some brand new arrangements of original songs (composed by yours truly, Taylor Smith!) and some classic country blues and early jazz.
To help fund the album I’ve started a GoFundMe page where you can pre-order an autographed copy of the new CD, plus even more goodies if you really want to help us out. Here’s the link for more info: https://www.gofundme.com/
Below is a video preview of one of the tracks from the album “My Blue Heaven”, shot live in the studio by our friend Louise McKerl from Scotland:
UK TOUR #2
We are super-excited to get back to the UK for our second go-round! This time we’ve got four festival gigs ( including The Beverley Folk Festival, The Middlewich FAB Festival and Maverick Fest) plus 16 other shows across England and Scotland. We had such a great time over there in December and can’t wait to spend some time hanging out and performing for all you lovely tea-and-real-ale drinking people! The addresses and showtimes can be found when you click on the individual events on our Calendar page. We’re still looking for places to crash in Glasgow, Inverness and Bristol, so if any of you out there have friends in those places, or live their yourselves, and would enjoy the company of 2 to 4 handsome New Orleans musicians for a couple of nights, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org We would be forever grateful and would gladly house you when you come to New Orleans.
Upcoming Local Gigs:
5th 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
9th 7:00-10:00 @ The Maison
11th 7:00-9:00 @ Fritzel’s
12th 7:30-10:30 @ Bacchanal Wine
Then it’s off to England and Scotland by way of Miami International Airport! Hope to see y’all out there!
-Taylor Smith and The Roamin’ Jasmine
We are excited to announce that we’ve been accepted to The Beverley Folk Festival where we’ll be performing on Sunday, June 19th 2016. Here’s the info for the festival:
Beverley Folk Festival, Beverley Racecourse, York Road, Beverley, HU17 8QZ
Festival telephone number: 01377 219112
Hope to see all of our UK fans and friends there! Here’s a picture of one of the beautiful churches in Beverley from when we were there in December:
Hello Roamin’ Jasmine fans! It’s been quite a while since my last blog post, so here are some updates since last July:
Our Alaska tour was a huge success, with incredibly enthusiastic and rowdy dancing crowds throughout the trip. And boy did they treat us well, fresh caught salmon, king crab eggs benedict, wild blueberry pancakes, and outstanding local beer! Here are some highlights:
After the Alaska Tour, we got to perform at the Lake Eden Arts Festival(LEAF) in Black Mountain, North Carolina in October where in addition to performing, we got to watch Aaron Neville perform from backstage, enjoy the crisp Autumn mountain air, and freeze our New Orleanian butts off in the 35 degree night! Our performance also got a great review in the local press which you can check out here:
On our way to NC, we also played at Creature Comforts Brewing in Athens, GA (who make some really great beer check them out: http://www.creaturecomfortsbeer.com/) and then on our way home we played at Sambuca in Nashville, TN. And despite one flat tire, we managed to make it to all the gigs on time!
After our mini tour to North Carolina, we started getting ready for our first international venture, a two-week quartet tour of the UK in December that took us from London all the way up to Edinburgh, Scotland and many stops in between. We got to perform for so many attentive listening audiences, who were frequently more knowledgeable about American roots music than we are. We drank many pints of real ales, ate black pudding (aka blood sausage), survived driving through hundreds of roundabouts on the left side of the road and made some great new friends and fans along the way.Here are some photos from the tour:
We will continue to roam in 2016 more updates shortly!
That’s right folks, we’re headed to The Last Frontier! Flying out of New Orleans tomorrow July 24th to Anchorage and touring around Alaska until August 11th. Many thanks to Milo Records New Orleans and Todd Grebe for setting up this tour! Here are the dates:
- Saturday, 7/25/15 – 2 Private Parties, Anchorage
- Monday , 7/27/15, 8pm – Club 229 (229 Parks Restaurant), Denali
- Thursday, 7/30/15, 10pm – Chair 5, Girdwood
- Friday, 7/31/15, 10pm – Chinook’s, Seward
- Saturday, 8/1/15, 7pm – The Seaview, Hope
- Sunday, 8/2/15, 4pm – The Seaview, Hope
- Monday, 8/3/15, 9pm – Sackett’s Kenai Grill, Cooper Landing
- Tuesday 8/4/15, 6pm – Homer
- Wednesday, 8/5, 10pm – The Taproot, Anchorage with Todd Grebe and Cold Country
- Thursday, 8/6/15, 7-10pm – The Brown Bear, Anchorage
- Friday, 8/7/15 10pm – The Fairview, Talkeetna
- Saturday, 8/8/15, 8pm – The Blue Loon, Fairbanks
- Sunday, 8/9/2015, 6pm – 49th State Brewery, Healy
It’s gonna be awesome! Tell all your Alaskan friends to come see us!
Check out our live version of Earl King’s classic tune “You Can Fly High” recorded live at Tasseology Café in Central City, New Orleans, Louisiana. Many thanks to Kim Vu-Dinh of Milo Records New Orleans for her amazing editing skills and Autumn Cormier for shooting the video. Enjoy!
Here’s a video of our live performance on WWOZ 90.7FM here in New Orleans during their Spring 2015 fund drive: